StarTech.com PEXUSB311EI interface cards/adapter USB 3.1 Internal
This USB 3.1 Gen 2 card prepares you for the next generation of USB performance, on the inside and outside of your computer. The 2-port card adds one internal Type-A connector as well as one external Type-A connector to your desktop computer, with a combined bandwidth of up to 10Gbps. For power-hungry devices, the card also has an internal SATA power connector, enabling you to use your computer's power supply to add more power to the ports.
With greater bandwidth, you can save time and avoid the performance bottlenecks that are often associated with other connectivity technologies.
Connectivity on the inside and out
With an internal port, you can connect internal devices that use a USB Type-A connector, such as a front-bay SD card reader. Plus, you can use the internal port to keep peripherals safely inside your computer case - perfect for high-capacity USB flash drives or interface devices used for external wireless peripherals such as keyboards and mice or Bluetoothr adapters.
The card also features an external port that can be used for any USB Type-A device, like your external hard drive or any wired peripheral.
Faster USB performance
By adding 10Gbps USB ports to your computer, you can harness the speed of USB 3.1 Gen 2 and rest assured that you're ready for both current and future high-bandwidth USB-A devices.
With higher data throughput, this PCI Express USB 3.1 card is a necessity for external hard drives, hard drive enclosures, and many other USB 3.1 peripherals. Plus, the USB card integrates a SATA power connector to support high-powered devices, making it ideal for use with large external storage solutions.
For more flexibility, you can couple the card with a USB-C to USB-A cable (USB31AC1M) and connect your USB Type-C devices.
Compatible with your older USB devices
Connecting your older peripherals isn't a problem. This versatile USB 3.1 Gen 2 (10Gbps) card is backward compatible with legacy USB 3.0 and 2.0 devices that use the common USB Type-A port, so you can eliminate the added expense and aggravation of purchasing devices.
Easy to install, in virtually any Windows based PC
For a hassle-free installation with no additional software or drivers required, the card is natively supported by most operating systems, and interfaces with the PCI Express 3.0 x4 slot on your computer. Plus, the high-quality card includes both standard-profile and low-profile (half-height) brackets, making it easy to install in full or small form-factor PCs or servers.
The PEXUSB311EI is backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
StarTech.com 2 Port USB 3.1 (10Gbps) Card - USB-A 1x External 1x Internal - PCIe USB 3.1 Card with Type-A - PCI Express
- Host interface: PCIe
- Output interface: USB 3.1
- Internal: Y
- Data transfer rate (max): 10
- Chipset: ASMedia - ASM1142
- Expansion card form factor: Full-height / Low-profile
- Certification: CE, FCC
- RoHS compliance: Y
- UASP support: Y
- Expansion card standard: PCIe 3.0
- Windows operating systems supported: Windows 10 Education,Windows 10 Education x64,Windows 10 Enterprise,Windows 10 Enterprise x64,Windows 10 Home,Windows 10 Home x64,Windows 10 Pro,Windows 10 Pro x64,Windows 7 Enterprise,Windows 7 Enterprise x64,Windows 7 Home Basic,Windows 7 Home Basic x64
- Server operating systems supported: Windows Server 2008 R2,Windows Server 2012
- Mac operating systems supported: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite,Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan,Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks
- Linux operating systems supported: Y
- Operating relative humidity (H-H): 20 - 80
- Operating temperat