StarTech.com PEXUSB3S4V interface cards/adapter USB 3.0 Internal
Add 4 external USB 3.0 ports to a low profile or standard computer, through PCI Express
The PEXUSB3S4V PCI Express USB 3.0 Card (with SATA Power) adds 4 external USB 3.0 ports to any PCI Express-enabled computer system with support for data rates up to 5 Gbps, while remaining backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.x devices.
Enhanced with UASP support (USB Attached SCSI Protocol), this USB 3.0 controller performs up to 70% faster than conventional USB 3.0 when paired with a(Note: UASP requires a compatible operating system). Using a more efficient protocol than the traditional USB BOT (Bulk-Only Transport), UASP technology optimizes transfers by allowing multiple commands to be processed simultaneously, significantly increasing transfer speeds for less wait time on data transfers. See our UASP test results below for further details.
The card uses a "stacked" port layout that places the ports one on top of the other, enabling all four USB 3.0 ports to be external facing, while still allowing the card to fit into a small form factor/low profile computer system using the included low profile bracket.
Plus, with a built-in SATA power connector, each USB port can provide up to 900mA of power to devices that draw power from a host bus connection (500mA for USB 2.0) by connecting to your computer power supply.
Backed by a StarTech.com 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support.
Improved Performance with UASP
UASP is supported in Windows 8, Server 2012 and Linux kernel 2.6.3 or later. In testing UASP performed with up to a 70% faster read / 40% faster write speed over traditional USB 3.0 at peak performance.
At the same peak in testing, UASP also showed up to an 80% reduction in required processor resources.
Test results were obtained using an Intel Ivy Bridge system, StarTech.com add-on USB 3.0 cards, a UASP-enabled StarTech.com enclosure, and a SATA III solid state drive.
The StarTech.com Advantage
- USB 3.0 PCI-E card has 4 external USB 3.0 ports using a space-saving stacked layout
- Time-saving file transfers, up to 70% faster than traditional USB 3.0 when used with a UASP-supported enclosure
- Power high-powered USB devices as necessary, with the optional SATA power connector
StarTech.com 4 Port PCI Express PCIe SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Controller Card Adapter with UASP - SATA Power - USB 3 PCIe Card
- Host interface: PCIe
- Output interface: USB 3.0
- Internal: Y
- USB 3.2 Gen 1 (3.1 Gen 1) Type-A ports quantity: 4
- Internal SATA ports quantity: 1
- Chipset: NEC uPD720201
- Data transfer rate (max): 5
- Width: 68
- Depth: 19
- Height: 75
- Weight: 45
- RoHS compliance: Y
- Operating temperature (T-T): 5 - 50
- Storage temperature (T-T): -20 - 70
- Operating relative humidity (H-H): 20 - 80
- Package weight: 138
- Compatible operating systems: Windows XP (32/64-bit)/ Server 2003 (32/64-bit)/ Server 2008 R2/ Vista (32/64-bit)/ 7 (32/64-bit)/ 8 (32/64-bit)
- Mac compatibility: N
- Package depth: 132
- Package height: 33
- Package width: 162
- Windows operating systems supported: Windows 10 Education,Windows 10 Education x64,Windows 10 Enterprise,Windows 10 Enterprise x64,Windows 10 Home,Windows 10 Home x64,Windows 10 IOT Core,Windows 10 Pro,Windows 10 Pro x64,Windows 7,Windows 7 Enterprise,Windows 7 Enterprise x64,Windows 7 Home
- Certification: CE, FCC
- UASP support: Y
- Server operating systems supported: Windows Server 2003,Windows Server 2008 R2,Windows Server 2012,Windows Server 2012 R2,Windows Se