Microsemi SmartRAID 3152-8i RAID controller PCI Express x8 3.0 12 Gbit/s
The 12 Gbps SmartRAID 3100 adapters, coupled with 12 Gbps SSDs, provide maximum read/write bandwidth and IOPS as well as acceleration and latency optimization through caching for the most performance-hungry transactional and database applications.
SmartRAID 3100 adapters are full featured RAID adapters offering up to 1.7 million IOPS, available in up to 24 native ports in LP/MD2, and have integrated cache backup and SSD caching on most adapter SKUs.
Advancing the performance capabilities of SSD caching to a broader set of application workloads, SmartRAID 315x adapters support read and write-back caching. By caching writes to a redundant SSD cache pool, maxCache 4.0 leverages the performance and latency capabilities of SSD technology for both read and write workloads. The read caching function is also improved with maxCache 4.0, with additional optimizations to the learned-path algorithm and SSD caching software.
Integrated Cache Protection
The SmartRAID family continues Microsemi's battery-free portfolio. The SmartRAID 315x series integrates flash-based cache protection to enable instant cache protection. The tethered Microsemi Adaptec ASCM- 35F capacitor module supports a five-year lifetime and is continuously monitored by the Smart firmware to make sure that the data can be safely backed up to the flash memory on the SmartRAID adapter in case of a power loss.
Advanced Data Protection and Ease of Use
Microsemi's industry-leading Smart Storage stack delivers maximum reliability and -in-class performance that all RAID levels come to expect, plus unique features like Mixed Mode support (RAID and HBA devices can be used simultaneously), adapter power management (reduces power consumption up to 30 percent), and advanced data management features that allow data migration from existing RAID arrays to ones when upgrading old hard disks or worn-out SSDs. Microsemi's Adaptec maxView provides an HTML5 web interface that can be used in standard desktops and mobile browsers for all storage configuration and management needs. It supports local and remote management, and comes with plugins for major storage management software suites for enterprises and data centers.
SmartRAID 3152-8i, 2GB DDR4, 8-Lane PCIe Gen3, 2 x SFF-8643
- Supported storage drive interfaces: SAS,Serial ATA III
- Host interface: PCI Express x8
- PCI Express slots version: 3.0
- PCI Card form factor: Half-height (low-profile)
- SSD support: Y
- RAID levels: 0,1,1 ADM,5,6,10,50,60
- S.M.A.R.T. support: Y
- Data transfer rate: 12
- Width: 167
- Height: 64
- Windows operating systems supported: Windows 10,Windows 7 x64,Windows 8 x64
- Mac compatibility: N
- Mac operating systems supported: N
- Linux operating systems supported: Y
- Server operating systems supported: Windows Server 2008 x64,Windows Server 2012 x64,Windows Server 2016 x64
- Internal mini-SAS HD ports: 8
- Internal memory: 2048
- Internal memory type: DDR4
- Memory clock speed: 2100
- Chipset: SmartROC 3100
- Operating temperature (T-T): 0 - 55
- Mean time between failures (MTBF): 1370000
- Certification: RoHS, CE, FCC, UL, C-tick, VCCI, KCC, CNS
- RAID Level Migration: Y
- Online Capacity Expansion: Y
- Hot-Plug support: Y
- Form factor: MD2